Contractors are a valuable resource; they can enable you to hire project-specific expertise and meet varying workload demands. However, managing contractors, especially if your business works with a large number providing various types of services, can be an ongoing and complex task. As a business owner, it’s your responsibility to ensure everyone working for you, including contractors, can do so safely and reliably. You need to demonstrate due diligence and exercise the appropriate level of oversight, ensuring your contractors are licenced, qualified and competent. And, at the same time, you need to remain efficient, to have the time to focus on the higher-level objectives of the business.
The Complexities of Contractor Management
Contractor management is a complex process, which needs to be carefully managed in order to ensure workplace compliance. To remain compliant, you need to hire the best possible contractors, communicate your requirements clearly, and keep on top of registrations, certifications, licenses and more. Even when contractor management is handled successfully, time-heavy manual processes can pull a lot of resources away from core business tasks. And, when it isn’t managed effectively, issues with contractor compliance can lead to unwanted projected delays, mounting costs and even legal ramifications with substantial financial penalties.
What is an Outsourced Compliance Management Solution?
Compliance management can be a program, process or framework, that allows you to track, monitor and audit your business’s contractors. It ensures that everyone working for you adheres to applicable laws, organisational policies and necessary standards as defined by your business. The solution achieves this by storing all relevant documentation in one place, monitoring health and safety information, insurances and qualifications, and notifying your business and your contractors if any changes or updates are required. The primary purpose of the systems is to streamline the process of contractor management, deliver efficiency and give valuable resources back to your business. Using an outsourced solution, allows you to hand the management over to a team of experts, where you can be confident that your compliance objectives will be met.
How to Make Contractor Management More Efficient?
There are no two ways about it; contractors need to be managed if your business is to remain compliant. And, more than that, you need to be able to have the most qualified and experienced contractors on hand, ready to provide services. This is where outsourcing a compliance management solution comes into its own; it gives your business the opportunity to improve processes and become more efficient in several ways:
- Automated alerts – both you and your contractors can receive email reminders when documentation is due and alert notifications in the event of non-compliance.
- Increased visibility – with a managed platform, you can see the workplace compliance status of all your contractors on one screen and see updates in real-time.
- Trusted insights – you have confidence that your data for each contractor is accurate and are able to proactively manage business risk and workplace safety.
- Communication – online inductions, notifications alerts and broadcast messages ensure that you are always connected to your team of contractors.
- Compliant contractor pool – you spend less time searching for contractors and have confidence that you’re choosing from only the ones that meet your criteria.
- Instant access – with an online contractor compliance platform, you can view all contractor-related information instantly from wherever you are.
- Central repository – all contractor data such as insurances, qualifications, licenses and security checks are stored in one place and are easy to access.
- Managed Compliance Service – where you the client is supported in achieving your desired compliance outcomes
- Contractor Support Team – your contractors have access to a team of specialists who can assist them in providing all necessary compliance information
With an outsourced contractor management solution, you’re able to reduce costs and risk when engaging contractors, while improving workplace compliance.
Outsourced Compliance Management – Work Better, Faster and Smarter
Contractor management is more than just an administrative task; it’s vital if your business is to minimise the legal, financial and brand risk when engaging contractors. You need to ensure that your contractors remain compliant at all times and that you have the right documentation in hand to prove as such. But, all of that takes time, and time means money. Outsourcing compliance management allows you to guarantee your results while you streamline workflows, automate processes, remove manual tasks all while focussing on what’s important – growing your business while ensuring safety and compliance.
Subscribe to our newsletter